Tuesday, April 25, 2006

04/26/06

12.4.2 Reading
1. Difficult - I do not understand why E9aX+b)=a(EX) +b and var(aX+b)=a^2var(X). Dot ey mean by linear transformation shifting the lines on a graph around? Also is the joint probability distribution the same as saying the probability of the two events... like does P(X=1, Y=1) = P(male with gout... XandY).
2. Reflective - I think I see now why you said this was the same thing as before but just organized. I think I seem to understand this better, surpisingly, even with all the funny notation better than perviously. (ex... independence is defined as P(XbelongingtoA, Y belongingtoB) = P(XbelongingtoA) x P(Ybelonging to Y) is the same as P(X=x, Y=y) = P(X=x)P(Y=y) is the same as P(XandY) = P(X)P(Y) which is what we learned before.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home